Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

I'm not a big futball fan but I can't deny that Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to eat junk food and relax with friends. Our friends (M and A) invited us to a party at their house. I was told I didn't need to bring anything but if I really wanted I could bring something healthy. It was the hardest assignment of all. How healthy snacks can compete with all the yummy junk food? So, I put a platter together with carrots, celery, asparagus, Winsconsin cheddar cheese, green grapes, hummus, and pita chips.

It was a big hit. We had plenty of good food but we kept our peace of mind munching on healthy foods.

We were 5 couples and each of us brought something homemade. We had a delicious chilli (honors of our host M), chicken wings, cheesecake, cupcakes, a cheesy dip (I want this recipe!), salsa, tortillas.

Again, I stayed up late. The party was so much fun, nobody wanted to leave. I came home with a big container of chilli, aparently our host made enough chilli to feed a huge crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home