Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just another day at the office

I attended a conference this morning at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza at K and 14th Streets. The IBM Technical Briefings go hand and hand with good food. Too bad they are scaling down. Probably because the cost was too high. A few years ago, their briefings were followed by a sit-down lunch. I clearly remember the one with Crab Cakes on the menu. Yum. Now, they have a breakfast bar which is not too bad. I had lots of coffee (without guilt because I heard on the radio it can prevent heart disease), a Danish and a mini-muffin that comes with little glass jars of jam - very cute. How can you tell if the hotel hosting the conference is too fancy? When you have no clue how to turn the restroom faucet on. It took me a little while and a few tries to get it right.

Getting back to the office, I was talking to co-workers and all of a sudden we heard a loud noise. You know something is really wrong when a noise makes everybody jump out of their chairs and go look out the window to make sure all the buildings are still standing. The close proximity to the White House can have this effect on you. It took some time for us to realize it was just a thunder... We are all a little shaken. I can now include on my job description Escape Hood Training, Evacuation Drills, Real Evacuations Scare. I guess that's just another day at the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home