Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Knock Off Italian Food

Being on a diet doesn't mean that I am depriving myself of good food. Low-fat and Low-Calorie diet is all about serving sizes and cutting calories by replacing ingredients. A good example is my knock-off Italian meal. I made Bruschetta with whole wheat bread, tomatoes, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, and just brushed the bread with a drizzle of olive oil. Instead of a pasta dish, I made Spaghetti Squash with Low Fat Bechamel Sauce and Lemon Shrimp. It was a very satisfying meal. The word Diet never crossed my mind the entire time. To make Spaghetti Squash, cut it lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, bake at 400 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Scrape the spaghetti-like strands with a fork and serve with your favorite sauce. It tasted very much like angel hair pasta with a much lower calorie content.

- Spaghetti Squash - 75 calories in 8 cooked ounces without sauce
- Angel Hair Pasta - 300 calories in 8 cooked ounces without sauce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home