Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steak

Planning menus ahead is making my weeknights so much easier. I go grocery shopping with a few dishes in mind and also open to buy anything else looking good at the store. I found gorgeous tuna steaks when I stopped by to get shrimp for another dish. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it. The requirements were the same as always: quick, healthy, and easy. The Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steak recipe definitely fit the bill.


Balsamic-Glazed Tuna

Cooking spray
1 1/4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon course sea salt
2 tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

Preheat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Sprinkle pepper and salt generously over tuna. Place fish in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat. Using the same pan, combine broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Spoon over tuna steaks.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good recipe. I bought a huge package of Ahi Tuna from Costco and therefore, had to get creative. My husband and two year old loved the recipe. Thanks. Isabel, Dallas

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan to try this over the holiday weekend but, I'm not sure how high the grill temp should go.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

made it, loved it! thank you.

-Steve, Phoenix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home