Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Banana-Citrus Sorbet

My Ice-Cream Maker made its 2008 debut this week. Making ice-cream with my Cuisinart maker is a snap. My only complaint is how loud it is. I can't hear my own thoughts when I am running it in the kitchen. This time I ran it for 20 minutes, put the bowl back in the freezer while we ate dinner and ran for a few minutes more before I served the sorbet. Yummy!



Banana-Citrus Sorbet (adapted from Cooking Light)

3 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice

Place bananas in food processor; process until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; process until well-blended, add water and orange juice, stir well. Pour mixture into frozen bowl and run according to manufacturer's instructions.

Yield 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Ana said...

Eu adoro minha ice cream maker, usei aos montes no verao Leticia!!
Eh loud mesmo, mas vale a pena, sao so uns minutinhos vai!!
Ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home