Sunday, October 01, 2006

Family outing

Hubby, Baby, and I had tickets to a Wine and Food Festival on Saturday. My intuition was telling me not to go, it was raining and the festival was outdoors on an Equestrian center, it was cold, I got up late and didn't have time to eat breakfast and lunch... We decided to go anyway, after all I would be able to eat and drink at the festival. We left our house at 1:00 pm with hopes of being there in 30 minutes. After an hour and 45 minutes sitting in the car, staring at the traffic light turning green, yellow, red, green, yellow, red... and nothing moving at all my husband had the brilliant idea of going to the shopping mall 100 yards from where we were and having lunch there. I was starving, at that point I would have agreed on anything. We were finally able to go to Panera and have a sandwich - which was a far cry from the scallop seviche, mahi-mahi taco, oysters, clams, and mussels I drooled over when I read the festival menu.
I stopped at Carter's to buy some outfits for my little guy. Who new they make little sweatsuits for a 4 month-old baby? They are adorable though.
Since I was already there, we stopped at Williams-Sonoma. I needed something to cheer myself up. I bought a set of 3 mixing bowls, a spatula, new measuring spoons, and a beautiful hemstitched linen tablecloth. I bet no one can guess my favorite color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home