Saturday, August 12, 2006

Shopping and Wine Tasting

Saturday was a gorgeous day - mild temperature, clear sky, nice breeze... I had to get out of the house. I started my day going shopping. I stopped by Carter's to buy some baby clothes. My little guy is growing so fast nothing fits him anymore. Then a quick stop (that's what I told my husband) at Williams-Sonoma, Create & Barrel, and Pottery Barn. I found a huge, blue dog chair for the nursery and a photo album at Pottery Barn Kids. At Create & Barrel I found a couple of white inexpensive serving dishes I really liked.

After lunch, we headed to Tarara Winery in Leesburg, VA for a wine tasting. My husband and I toured the wineries in Napa Valley and Sonoma County when we were on vacation in California. They are wonderful places to sit back and relax. The views are amazing, the weather is always nice, the wine is getting better and better every year. Virginia wineries are way behind California wineries. I doubt they will ever produce wines to the Californian standards. There are so many things Virginia cannot change such as soil and climate. But it's always fun to be in a winery, walk near the vineyard, see the wine aging in the oak barrels - they smell wonderful - and finally taste the wine. We tasted 9 types of wine, whites, reds, and a dessert wine. My husband's favorite was their full-bodied Chardonnay which is aged for 2-4 years in oak barrels and has a buttery taste. We bought a bottle of a Cabernet Franc to take home and a Merlot Jelly to serve on a baguete on top of Brie cheese.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Fer Guimaraes Rosa said...

tambem sou fan do vinho californiano... ;-)
adoro um passeiozinho no Napa ou Sonoma.
mas toda a california produz vinhos bons, as vinicolas costais tambem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home