Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuna Steak with Creamy Wasabi and Sauteed Edamame

There is no such thing as too much seafood. Most of the dishes I make have something from the ocean in it. This week I had some tuna steaks and wasn't sure how to make them. I could either use a newer recipe I made a couple of weeks ago and I really liked or try a brand new recipe. I went with the new recipe and I am so glad I did. This recipe is delicious and easy. It was the first time I sauteed edamame. I always have edamame with coarse salt for snack (yum!) but garlic, ginger, and soy sauce kicked it up a notch.

Tuna Steak with Creamy Wasabi

2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and black pepper

Combine wasabi and soy sauce. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt.
Prepare a grill pan with olive oil over high heat (or use the skillet used to sautee edamame, recipe below). Sprinkle black pepper and salt over tuna steaks. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with wasabi cream.

Sauteed Edamame

2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
16 ounces frozen shelled edamame, thawed
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add edamame and soy sauce and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home