Monday, August 11, 2008

My First Pesto

I have been meaning to make this recipe for a long time. For some reason, I always used all the basil I had in other recipes and didn't have enough for a pesto. Now, my herb garden is thriving and I had no excuses. I made Basil Pesto for the first time and loved it! I decided on a lighter recipe where we cut the olive oil in half and add chicken stock to acquire the desired consistency. I served in on Whole Wheat Penne accompanied by California White Wine.

Light Basil Pesto

2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, washed and dried thoroughly
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

3 tablespoon chicken stock
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

In a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, and salt and puree. While the motor is running, drizzle in the oil and chicken stock until incorporated. Season with pepper to taste. Use immediately on pasta or pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home