Thursday, November 16, 2006

Eating the Unknown: Indian Food

Last Sunday my husband convinced me to go to a new Indian Buffet Style Restaurant that just opened in our neighborhood. I love Indian food and I was thinking of having some Curried Shrimp. When we got there I was very intrigued by the number of dishes they had that I have never seen or heard of. The restaurant has authentic Indian food and nothing is translated to English. Since it was a buffet style, I was able to taste a little bit of everything. Some dishes intrigued me and I asked the waiter what I was eating. My taste buds were ecstatic from the explosion of flavors. Every bite was a surprise. I felt like I was a little child again, getting excited and trying to figure out what I was having, tasting from my husband’s plate and giving him a forkful of my favorite finds. For a couple of times I had dessert thinking that it was a side dish. I have been to other Indian restaurants but this was the first time I had real Indian food. This experience wasn’t only about food; it was about experimenting, trying new thing, letting go of “likes and dislike labels” and having fun.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Mallika said...

Congratulations on your first attempt! Indian food is so addictive, with it's glorious textures, varieties and spices. Looking forward to hearing about the next Indian meal!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Leticia said...

Hello Mallika,

Indian Food is addictive indeed! I am lucky that the Indian community in my area is very large and well established, so there are a lot of nice Indian restaurants around. My next door neighbors are on vacation in India until January. I'll ask them to help us navigating the restaurants in town when they get back. My forecast for this Winter is "Snow and Lots of Indian Food"!

Thanks for stopping by! Leticia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home