Sunday, January 07, 2007

Start Off 2007 On The Right Foot

I'm going to start this post with a four-letter word: Diet. As much as I avoided it, I have to face it now and get it over with. My baby is 7 months old and I am still carrying the extra pregnancy weight. I am astonished that I didn't gain any more weight during the holiday season with all the baking. So to start off on the right foot on 2007 I made a resolution to eat healthier, shed some pounds, exercise, and set a good example for my son.
I used to be a gym rat, exercising 5 times a week, cooking healthy, going on hiking trips, and then we moved to the suburbs to start a family... To make a long story short, both my husband and I gained considerable weight after we moved to our place in the suburbs of Washington, DC in 2005. First of, we spent almost one year renovating our townhouse. I was so into Home Remodeling/Decorating Shows that I Tivo'ed everything that was on TV. Back then I was more worried about picking the right paint color than the food we were eating. We spent endless days in and out of home improvement stores and had no time to cook. We ordered most of our meals during that time. Now it's time to change things around here. I found a diet program where you order the food and they deliver to your door. You can choose from low-carb, low-fat or vegetarian for a 1200 or 1600 calorie a day program. I chose low-fat and 1200 calories a day. I still have a couple of snacks a day outside of the program. It has been a great way to kick off my diet. The food tastes fresh and homemade and there is so much variety that I don't get tired of anything. It doesn't feel like a diet. I have been eating pasta dishes, seafood, vegetables, Mexican food, sandwiches, and dessert. My favorite meals are breakfast, there are muffins, omelets, juices, yogurts. For a while my blog will be all about healthy choices, cooking light, and exercising. We'll see how long it will last...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home