Friday, March 09, 2007

Blogging Abroad

I am on vacation! I will be blogging from the place pictured below for two weeks.


I am in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, my hometown. We arrived here almost a week ago. We are enjoying the huge change in temperature, leaving our home with temperatures below freezing and arriving here at 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

I am not going to cook much for the next few days but I had to make one dessert: Passion Fruit Mousse. Passion Fruit is indigenous to the tropical regions of America and commonly used in desserts here in Brazil. I personally love its distinctive flavor both on savory and sweet dishes. Passion Fruit Sauce (made only with the pulp) goes beautifully with grilled fish. The dessert I made uses passion fruit juice for the mousse and pulp with seeds for the topping. The topping is cooked with a little bit of sugar, creating an aromatic, intense, and tart syrup with crunchy seeds.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home