Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Son's Birthday Party

My son's birthday party was a blast. I didn't make any of the food myself because I really wanted to enjoy every minute of it without being wiped from cooking and cleaning my kitchen. I called several bakeries in town because I wanted something beyond a custom cake. I was fixed on a "Cupcake Cake" - which is made of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes together, decorated as a whole cake. I saw it somewhere and found so adorable. The only issue was that nobody I talked to had heard or made such thing. I then went in person to one of the bakeries and convinced them to give it a try. They couldn't guarantee how it would turn out or if the icing was going to separate and break. I took the risk. I also ordered some Star Fish cookies to go with the theme "Finding Nemo" and some cute Brownie Pops. Several people asked me why the Popsicles weren't melting on the table but they weren't real Popsicles. They were chocolate covered brownie on a stick with sprinkles. So cute. Behind the table, on my buffet there were the party favor pails. I used Beach Pails and Shovels instead of the usual bag, covered the inside with some colorful tissue paper and goodies (little toys and boardbooks). It was so much fun, I'm looking forward to his next birthday!

2 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Fer Guimaraes Rosa said...

Leticia, parabens para ele e para voces, mamae e papai felizes! :-)

Ficou tudo lindo, que amoreco! beijao,

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ana said...

Ooooohhh I loved the way you made a cake out of cupcakes, so cool!! Very practical to distribute to the kids and yet you have the "decorated cake effect"! Great idea!!
Ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home